Header heat.

Well this is not entirely true.  In my research for alternative exhaust
systems I ran across a company the does coatings.  The coatings range in use
and method of application but the one that caught my eye was ceramic
coatings.  It seem that it is possible to coat your headers in order to
reduce the amount of radiated heat.  The ceramics offered by this company
were capable of dealing with up to 2000 degrees continuously.  If you guys
are indeed serious about getting rid of some of the heat that is radiated by
the headers, I can pass on the website.  I believe you can coat the internal
surface of the header up to the can and drastically reduce the temp coming
up between your legs.  Drastically means 30 degrees C if I remember
correctly.  Just ideas ;-)

Martin Retherford