re: silly questions

>  From: James Wright <jwright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, on 05/11/2000 10:15:
>  Hi all, a couple of questions on my new ST (now up to 180 miles...).
>
>  Firstly, this is a really dumb one, where is the helmet lock on this thing?
On Japanese bikes it's attached to the seat lock, but I can't seem to find any
place to attach something there, and it's not obvious to me anywhere else
either.

	One of the few shortcomings on this machine. It ain't got none. My
workaround has been to use small luggage locks to lock a helmet to a passenger
footpeg or the small loops on the toprack.

>  Secondly and less dumb but probably paranoid, I've noticed a very light sort
of metallic ringing (would say rattling but too high frequency) sound, possibly
coming from the engine, but I can't tell because it only happens under load (at
idle it goes away).  Is this a familiar sound, or should I ask a mechanic to
have a listen?

	Hard to diagnose sounds via email, but I don't recall hearing a ringing
from mine, just a whoosh and a fairly high pitch whistle as the roar of the
wind picks up.

	"Jedi Dawg"  Jim Huber
	'00 blue ST  "Rhiannon" (4k miles)
	Spring, Texas, USA