possible solution to hard-to-find neutral

       For those of you with less than buttery transmissions (newer
rides), I have found that if you haven't shifted into neutral as you
roll up to the light, while you are sitting there at the light, take
your foot off the peg, extend it out in front of the shift lever, and
with the heel of your boot, kick lightly up and back.

       This has worked like a charm for me from the first time I tried
it, and I haven't overshot into 2nd yet.

       Just something that works for me...

- --
- -jong