Boston Drivers

Went to dinner/dancing this evening and when I came out from Aria on
Tremont downtown, the ML320 parked in front of me (well in front - he had
six or eight feet between his bumper and the bike, at least) had backed
into my bike and then pushed it at least another few inches or so after
hitting it, enough to knock it over on the opposite side of the sidestand,
causing damage to the mid and lower fairings, exhaust, a bent handlebar &
crunched bar weight, bent brake pedal and brake lever, and a wrecked Arai
Quantum which was netted on the back seat.  He then proceeded to get out,
look at the bike and try to pick it up, fail, and then take off without
leaving a note.  You heard it right, felony hit and run by a person driving
a Benz minivan.  Thank god there were witnesses standing right there at the
time, the bouncers at the bar across the street saw the whole thing (I was
parked right in front), but the plate they took down on the vehicle did not
come back to the correct type (either stolen or misread, but they were very
nice, they even picked the bike up for me and it was upright when I got
back, the bouncer at the Roxy rides a 916...).  Soooo, looks like I'm out
of pocket to the tune of $1000 (my insurance deductible), for damage to a
bike with 200 miles on it (200 miles and already wrecked worse than
anything I've ever done!) and I think in Massachusetts my rates may go up
even for an accident where I wasn't even there.  Grand.  {Sigh}

 -- J

P.S.--> Sorry to gripe at the list, noone else to complain to at 3am...