wear on footpeg/shifter rubbers

To the folks experiencing the rapid wearing of your footpeg/shifter rubbers,
I am wondering what type of riding boots you are wearing? I've always worn
the smooth soled boots such as Bates Fast Lane, etc., and have never
experienced worn out rubbers (no snickering!). I have seen some riders
wearing boots with aggressive lugged soles, which I could never see the
reasoning for on a street motorcycle. Could this be a factor? or is the
Triumph just prone to this weakness - I guess I'll find out when I accumulate
some more miles (Only at 600 now).
PS- got my throttle play adjusted out to my liking - when all else fails,
read the manual! Turns out I was turning the adjuster the wrong way.....duh.

John Heinzer
'00 ST Black