for Greg - handlebar vibration

 Dear Greg;

        I read your note with great interest; the last few years I've
had a real problem with my old T-3 Sprint putting my fingers and
hands completely to sleep. The Doc said it was a result of aging and
vibration. Changing to late-model Trophy bars helped delay the onset
a few hours but were the same in the long run. I had been writing it
off to the insidious effects of old age (66) when I bought my new RS
in January and dicovered that, even on a 300-400 mile day my fingers
weren't numbed at all. Also, my RS is extremely smooth; none of the
buzz of my old Sprint. My son also has a new RS and his is dead
smooth also! Bikes vary also, I know my old 1000 V-4 Intercepror was
smooth as a turbine but my buddy's VFR800i vibrates even worse than
my old Sprint!

        After doing some experimenting, I'm now convinced that it's a
direct result of the angle between your hand and forearm, in other
words the angle of your wrist, that brings on the numbness. I've also
played with ankle angles and found certain angles that would put my
feet to sleep. Any neurologists on the list?

                                         donnydogood   - - - o%\o