Chain Adjustment

Hi All

I had a problem when I was in Holland on the 7th of May doing the RAT
Elfstedentocht,
(look in Torque of an explanation) I could not adjust the chain. The
eccentric was seized, even a tap with a drift and hammer failed to make it
move.

Anyway it went into my dealer today who fixed the problem, the eccentric/hub
was seized in the caliper mounting. They spent about 4 hours fixing it at
Triumphs expense. It would appear Triumph assemble it all without
lubrication. So my warning to you all is, if like me you have a Scottoiler,
and rarely adjust the chain, it may be prudent just to move the eccentric
once in a while, just to make sure it will move when you want it to.

Don
Preston UK
Red 1999 ST