From: Burt Barrett [mailto:burtb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, May 16, 2000 12:13 PM
To: STDIGEST
Subject: California Emissions

Hi There STERS

I just read the Digest re: California Emissions.  Does anyone out there know
exactally what california emissions consist of?  I have a 99 Sprint ST with
6K on it-seems to have plenty of HP.  But I am curious as to what it does
have as far as HP robbing emmission controls.  I have been led to believe
that the only emission control-is a exhaust crossover pipe-which links all
three exhaust pipes.  I was told that is the "catalic converter"  and that
the California Triumphs ALL have it, and there is nothing else.  Are these
people at the Dealerships pulling my leg?  Does the crossover affect
performance?

Burt &
Big Red