Re: brake lever excessive travel

Matt Knowles wrote:

> After reading the info on the T5 site I don't think it is air in the
> system. I just recently put a new front tire on and while reinstalling the
> wheel I accidentaly  hit the brakes before attaching the calipers. So I had
> to pry the pads apart to get them back over the discs. After squeezing them
> a few times to seat them I went for a ride, and the first time I hit the
> brakes, I too felt like I could have done an unintentional stoppie.

Yup, the same thing happened to me after replacing the front tire and
forcing the pads apart with a screwdriver.  The brakes were so good for
about the next 2000 miles that I had to adjust the lever wheel to
position
1 to get the lever back to a comfortable reach.

Also, what type of fluid are the guys using that are having problems?
Some fluids might be more compatible than others with the Triumph piston
seals which might help with the caliper piston's movement by not causing
the seals to swell.  I am using Castrol DOT 4.  Don't know what the
equivalent would be in UK or Europe.

Gary