Re: Gas leak (from new fuel sender?)

>I rode mine to the dealer and was fine. I did open my
>garage and let the sucker air out for a coupla minutes
>before I fired her up. Basically, though it smells
>awful, this is a slow leak (unless you see a drip,
>drip, drip in which case have it towed).

Good points. On my first one, there was a serious pool under the bike so I
towed it. On the second one I noticed that the alternator was wet, but
there wasn't a pool below the bike. Just to make sure I didn't blow up
anything, I rolled it out of the garage and started it once I was out on
the street. Fortunately it is almost all freeway to the dealer, but at one
signal I could definitely smell the gas while I waited. I've never been so
impatient sitting for a red light.

Matt Knowles - mattknowles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://home.earthlink.net/~mattknowles
Aesthetic Design & Photography - (408) 977-1804
http://www.aestheticdesign.com