Oil filter wrenches redux

  I just got back from a 200 mile blast, average speed about 75.
Man, that bike is solid as a rock!

  I came home, and while the oil was still hot, went to change it.
Drained the oil out, no problem, but getting the filter off was a
nightmare.  This filter was on from the 500 mile service and my shop
must have had Bozo the 8000 pound (that's 4 tons for those of you
following along at home) gorilla put the goddamn thing on.  I tried
all the filter wrenches I have (the end-cap type, the band-type and
the strap type) to no avail.

  I went to the store in search of a decent filter wrench and finally
I have found one that works.  It's made by Penzoil, and it's sort of
like a pair of channel-lock pliers with big toothed pincers instead of
ribbed (for her pleasure) gripping surfaces.

  It was a tight fit, but these finally loosened the filter up and I
was able to remove it.  They will fit very small filters (51mm) to
pretty large ones (105mm I think), are made of nice heavy metal with
rubber grips on the handles.

  If anyone wants some (and can't find them locally) let me know, and
I'll mail you a set.

- --
- -jong

End of st-digest V2000 #233