Re-mapping F.I. after miffler swap

Just picked up Triumph's after market s/s muffler, and I know part of the
procedure is to get the F.I. remapped. My question: if I install the less
restrictive muffler without the remaooing, do I run the risk of damaging
anything? I am riding to British Bike Day in Md. on Sunday, about a 350 mile
round trip.  I wanted to do the remap tomorrow, but bad waether may prevent
me going back to the dealership for that. Should I leave the stocker on
untill I can do everthing at once? I sure am looking forward to that glorious
sound on the open road with the new muffler....

TIA
John Heinzer
'00 ST