Re: mirror, mirror on the floor,

At 05:53 PM 5/18/00 +0100, Leatherbiker wrote:
>Has anyone fitted a replacement mirror yet? I just bought one and realized
>that it will probably involve taking part of the inside fairing off rather
>than being able to screw the thing straight onto the existing outside
>fairing - what a pain.
>Any hints, tips or warnings?

I'm trying to find replacement mirrors too. I don't like the stock ones but
there aren't too many (any!) choices. Lockhart Phillips makes a cheap one
that screws right in. Check out these pics:
http://members.home.com/dbenj/sprint/

The mirrors don't really work that well (very limited visibility, vibrate,
cheap glass, etc.) but they only cost about $20.

Here's a set I just found today. Check out the picture of the bottom mirror
at:

http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/miscairtech/mirrors.html

This is supposed to be a universal mirror for two-bolt mounts. When I
talked to the guy at airtech, he told me not to buy them because they
wouldn't match the style of the Triumph. Maybe, maybe not. They're about
$30 each.

- --David

Dress up your Triumph. Get HubAmmo!

http://members.home.com/dbenj/arno/index.htm