(no subject)

A bright ray of sunshine:
  I finally called Jerry at Triumph of NA after first calling one of the
parts guys who told me that after 4 weeks of parts problems they had finally
made the plunge of bringing over a little help from England.  I didn't feel
like bringing up the fact that if this was done 3 weeks ago they would be
basking in the praise of a job well done.  Anyway, Jerry was kind enough to
take it upon himself to round up my parts and will call me Monday to tell me
a specific date when they will ship, which i am hoping will be Monday.  I
think what finally changed their approach was when I told them that their
problems were fast becoming my problems as my wife leaves on a month long
business trip the end of next week and I would have no transportation back
and forth to the dealer as it is hard to ask your neighbours to drive two
hours back and forth.  I politely informed him that they would be paying the
dealer to come and get my bike.  My dealer told me that these parts problems
made his job especially difficult because so much of his time was spent
chasing parts and placating customers.  I called once a week some weeks,
twice on others.  Anyway, once Jerry calls me I will deliver the bike and let
my dealer sort out all the other little problems.  I have ridden vintage (old
as hell) bikes for the last 14 years and have been through all the parts
problems.  I appreciate machinery and am continually fixing things and
maintaining to the best of my ability.  After driving Italian cars and bike
for years i know all about character as relates to mechanical problems.
Triumph has made an outstanding motorcyle imho.  They only need to revamp
their parts procedures to make a great thing even better.  A little better
parts tracking would go a long way.   anyway. gotta love the st