Top Box Mounting Questions

I finally got the last piece for my 3 box set, the
luggage rack.  Having completed the side pannier
install in a blistering four hours, I decided to get
the top box install going.

So far so good, meaning I have deciphered Triumph's
wonderful directions (which have plenty of oh-so
helpful pictures).  I have all the reinforcement
plates in position underneath the seat rails and now I
am stuck.  In trying to bolt down the luggage rack,
none of the bolts appear to be the right length.  The
directions seem to reference some bolts that I either
did not get, or do not know where they are.  The parts
list only show the pair that actually came with the
kit but nothing else.

Do I go to the hardware store and replace the missing
pieces, or am I just crazy and follow directions like
an under-nourished monkey?

Thanks for your time,
Todd
'00 blue ST