Sprint RS Handlbar Vibration Issue: RESOLVED

I just finished about 600 miles of riding tests this past weekend to try and
resolve my problems with serious hand numbness resulting from vibration of
my Sprint RS. I spoke of this problem in some prior posts. After some very
careful testing, I have determined that all it takes is a bit of a
behavioral modification and I can all but eliminate the vibration effects
from my RS on long rides. No hardware changes necessary. By a modest level
of deliberate grip loosening on long stretches (flat hands over grips when
possible), coupled with an effort to keep my wrists mostly straight, I can
end a 300 mile day with basically zero numbness. With my previous "grip of
death" tendency, I could barely type at the keyboard for 36 hours after such
a ride. The issue would seem to be mostly me, and some mental/behavior
training is the fix I needed. I hope this information is helpful to others.

Greg Girard
Beverly, Massachusetts
- -USA-