RE: Shifting Problems

***Original message...Matt Knowles said this good sh*t:
I'm hoping that someone can help me with a shifting problem I'm having. Not
a problem with the ST, but with me.

I'm thinking of trying to install a temporary fix, some kind of heel and
toe shifter and was wondering if anyone knows of any sources for one.  Or
maybe some of you who have more fabrication experience would be willing to
craft one?

Any advice would be appreciated.
***End Original Message

Matt,
	Sorry to hear about your foot problems.  I know you mentioned that
you were looking for a "temporary fix", but have you ever thought of
installing a push button shifter?  I read about one in SuperBike magazine.
The article had two ZX9r's running a 1/4 mile with the modified bike
continually beating the non.  It's something to consider if your foot might
be outta commission for awhile.

	BTW, if any of our West Coast friends are planning to hit the Rally,
but are discouraged about making the long trip, I can offer a convenient
layover in St. Louis.  Your bike is welcome to rest in my private garage and
you'd also be welcome to join me and my YZF600R friend on the 600 mile trek
to NC on Thursday (Aug 17th).

Stephen Penick
penick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
99 Sprint ST (red) 11700 miles w/ zero problems