Re: Bad luck

On Mon, 22 May 2000 11:03:39 -0400, you wrote:

>For any of you having rough Mondays, I thought I might pass this along.

Glad you made it bud!! Just to let you know, it was something that was in
the air in Florida this weekend as I will relay my experiences.

I took my wife to Anna Maria Island this weekend and had a few experiences
ourselves. Which, BTW I recommend highly as an excellent get away. Stay at
the Harrington House and eat at the Beach Bistro if you get the chance.

1) Kamikaze love bugs

Why don't these guys get a room! We took back roads all the way down to
enjoy the scenery and got smacked with a thousand love bugs. It got so bad
I had to pull over and clean my visor. Needless to say, my first hour at
our destination was spent cleaning love bugs off every conceivable part of
my bike. No harm, no foul, but a slow start to a romantic weekend.

2) Quick Sand

We almost bit the dust every time we pulled into a business along the
beach. On no less than six occasions we almost lost the front end, in the
sugar sand. I was sweating it with all this talk of body damage lately.

3) Attack of the Killer Bees

O.K. here's where it gets scary. On the way back I decided interstates all
the way remembering the love bug debacle. We are heading down I-75 at a
pretty good clip when I hear what sounds like a pack of pissed off bumble
bees. I look in my mirrors and see a hoard of Honda Civics and the like
wizzing in and out of traffic and approaching fast.  You know the ones,
cars with potato launchers as mufflers and a sticker that has the word
"speed" in it somewhere that magically transforms it into a formula one
car. Somehow I end up in the middle of this mess with Mario Junior trying
to put a move on Little Al. I made it out of that, but it was pretty scary.
These guys were psyched.

4) Road Rage

A little later I'm cruising along with a small band of not so law abiding
drivers when we came up on someone who was just a little less of a  not so
law abiding driver in the fast lane. He didn't take well to the fact that
80 just wasn't quite fast enough and slammed on his brakes. Luckily I was
last in line and keeping a safe distance because it looked like someone
just yelled BREAK and everyone just took off in a different direction to
avoid a pile up. Lots of yelling and waving of fists and swerving at each
other but no guns.

5) Please God make it quick!

We are almost home on I-4, I've got cars in front of me and beside me. I
look in the rear view and almost right on me is a car coming from behind
doing at least 110 MPH. I'm thinking this is it! I close my eyes as I
anticipate the impact but I'm spared as this A-hole zips into the emergency
lane which he proceeds to use as a fourth lane until he's out of site.

I think I'll stick with the love bugs next time : )

Ken "Super Dawg" Pickett

00ST "Christine"