Re: Risers and more

Previously, you (Rich Weyand) wrote:
> The Gen-Mar risers do take a lot of weight off my hands, and
> I am much better able to have a light touch on the bars.  This
> also makes right-hand numbness/wrist fatigue much easier to
> avoid.  Before I was not able to keep the weight off my hands
> without feeling it in my back.

Like you I found the GenMar risers made a big difference to my comfort.
Maybe it was that I wasn't used to a sportier riding position (came from
a Nighthawk 450 -- very upright standard) or maybe my arms weren't long
enough or my upper body tall enough for the long reach.  Either way, the
GenMars did the trick for me.

> After his appointment, we motored about for a while, taking
> the long way home.  The usual idiots were out in force, so we
> took it easy and stayed with traffic.  Yesterday here was one
> of those clear sky very windy days.  Westbound 60 mph seemed
> more like 100, while eastbound it seemed more like 20.  Curves
> changed the angle of the wind to the bike, and sometimes it
> would tend to want to stand the bike up, and others to further
> lean it over, as the angle changed around the corner.  Add in
> a lot of gustiness and it was somewhat disconcerting, as it
> made the bike feel less predictable and less stable on line.
> Gustiness on the straights wasn't so bad, the bike keeps its
> heading and just leans a bit into the gust, but on the curves
> it felt like I was fighting it all the time.

Which screen do you have? I found the tall screen that I used over
winter to really catch the wind.  Now that it is warm and I've moved
back to the stock screen, the bike just goes where I point it so long as
I hunker down and don't become a sail.

- --
Bill "Bench Dawg" Flowers
Clearwater FL