Re: Todays question form the closet - CORRECTION

>As David would attest, there is a good reason to get the one with the 12"
>tires vs. 8". Especially if you want to drive fast while towing. On our
>trip back from our trackday last year, we were towing identical (except for
>color) bikes on identical trailers (uhaul garden trailers) with identical
>vehicles (Chevy S10 Blazers). I was keeping to about 55mph (very hard to
>do) while David was going about 65. Just as he passed me a tire blew on his
>trailer, and like the tortoise and the hare, the slower one completed the
>trip first.

Ummm...I think I was doing more like 80. Probably not a good idea with ANY
trailer. From now on, I stick to the speed limit when I've got a trailer.
That trip was a big bummer. I was out in the middle of nowhere when the
tire blew and the U-Haul guys said they'd be there "within 3 hours." I
don't think so. Luckily, another guy from the track day happened along with
an extra rail on his trailer. I left the U-Haul by the side of the road.
Lost my $40 deposit. Sure beats waiting for hours on the side of the
highway...

Dress up your Triumph. Get HubAmmo!

http://members.home.com/dbenj/arno/index.htm