Re: Rear Brake Wear

Neil Lindsey <neil@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Only you will be able to confirm or deny whether you ride the rear
> brake, but judging from the recent posts that I have read regarding
> pre-mature rear pad wear, another distinct possibility is that the
> rear brake caliper has been seized for some period of time, perhaps
> even from day one.

    I can't remember any figures, but my rear pads don't seem to last
long and I don't think that the caliper is seized on.

> so far there doesn't seem to be any problem, other than the fact that
> the rear brake doesn't work worth a s&^t anyway, but that's a
> different story

    Eh?  Either you're used to fantastic rear brakes or there's
something wrong with yours; my theory for why I use up rear pads is that
the rear brake is so good that I use it!  As far as I can remember, the
British bike press were favourably impressed with the rear brake on the
ST as well.

                Jim
- --
      jim@         ,'_             Given all the short comings of the
  gillespie.org   / -.--.    ___   early spec engines it's better to hang
                 _\_  ~-.`--'_.-'  around the rocking horse stables and
                / /\\    \--'_ \\  hope for a late model to come up.
 '99 Sprint ST  \__/ `---'  \__/                          -- Fizzy Orange