G'day

Hi,
     I've been 'lurking' since I brought my 2000 Sprint ST about 6 weeks
ago. Only about 2000 km so far, but it was off the road for 2 weeks while I
had the wheels polished then nickel plated. Looks great, better than black
or silver in my opinion. The wheels almost looks like they have been chrome
plated & theres no elbow grease repolishing all the time.

I've got a couple of headlight questions :

Does anyone know why Triumph changed to single headlights operating on each
beam for 2000 ? Is this standard worldwide or do some markets have both ?

Can the battery/alternator handle 2 low beams at once as well as heated
grips etc ?

Are the lenses the same on 99/2000 models ? ie : if you wire up the 2nd
light are the lights going to be focused properly or is one lens designed
for only low & 1 only for high ?

I know this site lists a plug that can be purchased to wire up the second
headlight, but after looking at the wiring diagram, this appears to be
unneccessary. The workshop manual indicates both headlights shoud work on
both beams. It appears a single light on each beam is wired up without a
relay (probably straight through the switch from memory) & there should be
a relay to operate the second light. Near the Right headlight there are 2
empty relay sockets. When I fit a relay to 1, I have 2 low beams, when
fitted to the other, 2 high beams. I havent ridden the bike with the relays
fitted yet.
     So why would you need to by extra plugs & do wiring changes instead of
just buying & plugging in 2 relays ? Has anyone else tried this ?

More questions as well :

2000 model ST has 1 extra tooth on the front sprocket. Does anyone know why
? While I like the tall gearing in top, I think 1st gear is too tall. Has
anyone geared down a 2000 model & how much difference did it make to
economy or 1st gear ? I am currently getting about 21 km/litre as is (stock
exhaust & tune).

Does anyone know of any tinted / black stock size screens available,
especially if in Australia.

Cheers & Thank You,

Darren Mason,
Melbourne Australia.