Re: Duc vs. Sprint / racing history / etc.

 > > it's a good measure of torque, but so is a dyno.  but why would you pass
 > > without shifting?
 >
 > thats passing without DOWNshifting, unlike a 600 or the likes. it just mean
 > that you dont have to work the gearbox all the time to make the bike
 > accelarate hard. DUH !?!

well EXCUSE me.  :-)

i knew full well they meant downshifting.  what i don't understand
is why you'd want to be in the habit of passing without doing it,
especially from top gear.

 > not every one has a dyno, but anyone can ride side by side in different
 > lanes on the higway and compare roll ons. DUH again.

my point is that if you disallow shifting, then you're comparing
a performance parameter that isn't terribly interesting in the
real world.  or at least, it's no more interesting than a dyno chart --
which has value, but isn't the full story.

(but don't worry -- i understood the original point:  the Sprint RS and
ST are torque monsters.  :-)

paul