removing STstickers

Hello Jesse and Fellow Trumpeteers:
	The ST decals are under the Clearcoat. On the RS the large "RS" decals are on top of the clear. You would have to literally cut the clearcoat around the outer edges of the decal and then remove the clear and the decals. I have done this, but only when I was going to do a compleat repair/respray of a fairing part. To remove any decal, the best way is to peel up the edges and appply Mineral Spirit and let it sit for five or so minutes. Pull the edges back some more and wet with more Mineral Spirit. Remove all of the adhesive residue with clean Mineral Spirit and there will be no trace of any decals. Usually the paint gets buggered when you remove a decal covered by clear. The razor blade often goes a bit deeper than wanted and severs the base/colourcoat from the ABS bodywork. Because the clear is quite thick, some serious wet sanding is needed to remove the ridges in the paintwork for a smooth surface & reapplication of colour and/or clear as needed.
Good luck,
Howard Stephen Serlick
'00 Blue ST
Philadelphia