Re: Answer back from Lilley's

thanks for the clarification -- I was going by the picture of the RS
hugger -- actually as far as the tank pad was concerned, I originally
thought it was real carbon fibre, but thought someone else had insisted that
it was really fake -- maybe they were referring to the heel guard (which is
NOT described as being carbon fibre, but is priced like it should be as I
recall -- the tank pad is my first experience with with carbon fibre :-)

I agree that there are probably NOT two forms of the RS rear hugger
(especially since the RS is a newer model), but the description in the
catalogue says it's carbon fibre -- the ST hugger, which I have, is
definitely plastic

Neil

> From the picture it looks to me like it's the
> same
> >stuff as used for the Tank Pad (which I have on my ST).  Both are
referred
> >to as 'carbon fibre' however in the descriptions.
>
> The rear hugger and the master cylinder cover are NOT true carbon fibre,
but
> a good facsimile. The Triumph tank pad I have, however, is real carbon
fibre
> construction, without question. I know this material when I see it,
because
> it was top-secret stuff when I test-machined some of it years ago...for
the
> B-2 Stealth Bomber. I suppose it's possible Triumph is putting out two
> different part types with the same part number, but not likely.
>
> Ken M.
> 2000 RS

End of st-digest V2000 #582