Re: For Paul Fox - bars & risers

 >  >>> did you really not have any trouble with the throttle cable?  if
 > not, then it's clear that not all RS models are alike.<<<
 >
 >     As I believe I covered in my post, I had no trouble when I ran
 > the throttle cable on the back side of the housing (as I believe you
 > have); as I mentioned however, when I later installed the heated
 > grips the throttle cable had to be returned to it's original position
 > due to the grooves existing in the bar to accommodate the wires.
 > This resulted in contact with the fairing at full left steering
 > lock.  This was easily fixed by removing the windscreen and using my

yes, that's what i recall you saying.  then there's something
different between our bikes, because mine made contact with the
throttle cable housing rotated forward, but _not_ when rotated upward
(stock position).  and when rotated upward, my cable was too short,
whereas yours works, but makes contact in that position.  i wonder
where the difference is?

if it were just cable lengths that were different (i.e.  your clutch
cable shorter than mine, my throttle cable shorter than yours) i'd
chaulk it up to different production runs (i recall you have an early
RS).  but for the fairing and/or handlebar geometry to have changed
seems like a bigger leap.  curious.

paul