mirror quality control

i've noticed some posts recently about mirrors.  from the gist of
things, i think the complaints have been about the mirror hardware?

i think i have a different problem.

when i got the bike, the left mirror on my RS was noticably "hazy".
at first i thought it was just dirty -- compared to the right mirror,
it looked like the mirror or the glass in a car that someone has been
smoking in, or that simply hasn't been cleaned for a while.  but it
didn't clean off.

i asked my dealer to get a new one which they did.

this one is clear and bright, but it has a different problem.  the
glass seems distorted somehow -- there are some angles or views where
i see double -- i think maybe one eye is seeing the image reflected at
one curvature of the mirror, and the other eye is seeing it via
another curvature.

has anyone else had trouble with bad mirror optics?

paul