Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2000 11:30:36 -0600
From: "Robert L. Fastner" <bobfastner@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Duc vs. Sprint / racing history / etc. & Taller Wind Screen

>Roll ons from 60 in _top_ gear?  Doesn't seem like the real world to me.
Can't imagine being in anything higher than 4th gear for that.

>Mort Harries
'00 ST

Mort,
    I usually pass in top gear from 60 MPH in the real world. Why do you
need 4th? I notice a lot of guys here seem to top 200lbs. I am a relative
featherweight (?) at 180lbs. The ST snaps by cars so fast that I seldom need
to downshift unless I am going up a hill, the driver decides to stomp on it
(resistance is futile, so I don't know why they bother) or there is only a
small gap in oncoming traffic. I just tried mid-grade gas for the first time
too. I haven't noticed any pinging with regular. The beauty of this bike
that you don't have to row the gearbox all the time.
    I think it humbles car drivers to think that I can pass them with such
ease and not have to rev the engine and make lots of noise. If they see and
hear me working to get past them, they might get the idea that they have the
chance of a snowball in hell to pass me back.

Ciao,
Bob Fastner
'99 red ST