CA model identification

Thanks to all who responded to my earlier questions about
the 2001 ST wheel colors.

One of the recent messages on the list referred to a catalytic
converter in the exhaust collector, only on California emmisions
equipped bikes. How do you know if you have a CA emmisions
bike? Is it coded in the VIN?

I will be picking up a new blue ST this week, and my dealer
in Pennsylvania stated that this bike came from the "west coast".
The bike came in the crate, so I assume there must be a
west coast and east coast "port of entry", but I am wondering
if it is possible that my bike is a CA bike.

Thanks,
- -- Craig