Re: st-digest V2000 #584

Connie,

Congrats on your new bike.

Sounds like the 99 had a 43/19 front cog.
You can get a 43/17 installed for something
like $100.

If you do much riding on freeways or fast
secondary roads you might want to keep the
taller gearing as it offers smoother cruising.

If you ride in the mountains, I'd suggest a 43/17
as it cuts down on lugging/clutching in tight
uphill hairpins.

- -Don Draper Jr.