Taken the plunge

Thanks to everyone who replied to my post "New Member".

I took the '99 Sprint out for a test ride for the whole of Monday
afternoon.  Apart for nearly dropping it in the car-park as I started off
because the foot-pegs were higher than I expected :-(, and getting carved
up by a Reliant Robin on the first roundabout I encountered :-(( (he
wouldn't have been able to do this half an hour later), I had a great time
- - it only rained a little.

It was, I have to say, a quantum leap from the Silver Wing of 13 years
ago. I understand that the first gear is needed for moving around
car-parks but what are those other four between it and top used for?  I am
sure I could see my white knuckles through my gloves!

Consequently I have bought it!! I pick it up on Saturday :-))))))))

Being 6 ft I found, as promised, that the slipstream hit me just under the
chin so I have asked for a Zero Gravity Double Bubble screen to be fitted.
 I have also requested a Scottoiler (Touring).  A hugger and front
mudguard extension were already on the bike (essential, so I gather, when
the road to your home goes past 3 farms).  Panniers (but no topbox)
ordered.

Off to the Bike Show at the NEC on Friday to buy leathers and wet weather
gear.

Thanks for all your help both on and off list.

BTW have seen no statistics re acceleration, you know the stuff; 0-60,
standing 1/4 (apart form the roll-ons mentioned on the list - I don't
believe the 60-80 = 4.xx seconds, I could have sworn 55-80 with a quick
wrench of the throttle in top was a mere heartbeat).  Anyway if anyone has
those stats I would be grateful (to impress the neighbours, you
understand).

BTBTW one neighbour with a VFR400 NC30 has offered to accompany me for 'a
blast' - how do I let him down gently? ;->

- --
Mike Bostock
Home: mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Work: mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx