Relief for RS riders!

Apart from the bar-risers issue, I have found relief of another sort for us
Sprint RS riders.

(I like the RS bars as they are, thankyouverymuch).

For me, it's been cold hands, and a clutch pull which is a good bit harder
than the ST. Cold hands are solved with the heated grips option, ahhhhh....
The clutch is another revelation.

The short answer is that the factory put a Speed Triple-type cable on our
RS's to keep the cable housing out of view in the opening(s) of the right
side bodywork. Our stock cable makes a convoluted path down, then back up
under the tank, and finally down again to a near 90 degree bend just before
the lower fastening point. All for looks?

I noticed quite some time ago that photos of the RS used in the Triumph
catalogues showed a different cable with a straight section at that lower
point. Upon further investigation, I discovered that the ST uses a similar
arrangement, so....I bought and fitted a new ST cable to my RS.

Problem solved! The clutch pull is now nearly half what it was before. In
fact, when I removed the stock one, I found two points on the outer housing
where it was actually pinched under the tank. Duh! Plus, now my bike looks
like the ones in the photos.

Now if I can just find a better lever to fit, one with a bend in it like my
old Katana had. That would be clutch heaven. Anyone else have a solution to
that issue that I haven't heard about?

Ken M.
2000 RS