Re: K & N air filter

As for the Tune number I'll have to get back to you on that.  Although it might be on the Triumphnet website.  As for what I said is, that if you run the K&N without the remap it will run lean.  More air + no fuel increase=lean mixture.  Someone mentioned that a decent FI should adjust.....well that's true for Automobile FI's but, my understanding is that Triumph's FI system doesn't have all the sensors and stuff that a regular car FI's system has.  That's why you have to remap it anytime you do anything that would affect the fuel mixture.  Automotive FI's are self adjusting FI systems with a default map burned in (that's why youre car runs rough if you disconnect your battery on your car at first. It defaults to the original mapping, and needs a few mins to get info from sensors and readjust.)

At 02:30 PM 11/7/00 -0600, you wrote:

>Lex,

>    You say the bike runs lean with the K&N filter installed. Was this with

>or without the performance can? I just dropped in a TB005 K&N (and of

>course, the spark plugs since they are under the airbox) a couple weeks ago.

>I only noticed a very slight increase in intake roar (yes, the filter is

>sealing properly). I have the stock can. Do you have the number for the FI

>tune?

>------ http://USFamily.Net/info - Unlimited Internet - From $7.99/mo! ------

<bold>Lex Offer

</bold>reffoxel@xxxxxxxxxxx