Re: for Ken M. - clutch lever

From: don draper

> Some of us have had good luck with the GSXR750 lever which has a
>nice dog leg. It does away with the clutch-kill-sw. feature (?) but
>you can use the wires to a hidden switch under the fairing for an
>anti-theft sw.

Thank you for the help, Don. I have a friend who has a boxes of parts like
that from his old Gixxer, and I'll get one form him. However, I do not want
to lose any safety-oriented features. Does your conversion mean that you use
the whole Suzuki assembly, rather than just the lever? I thought Suzuki's
also used an interlock switch, no?

So before I tear into this swap, I'll take the stock lever apart, and see
what modification would need to be made to the Gixxer lever to ensure 100%
compatibility. I am a Class A machinist by trade (both manual and CNC
skills), so any modifications are possible. If really pressed, I could even
fabricate one from what is commonly referred to as "billet". I'd hate to do
that, though, it's more work than I care to engage in when I could be
riding.  :-)  Besides, my dad just got the Bridgeport mill my family & I
gave him running. I'd hate to be tying up his new toy.

For now, I'm a lot happier just being able to pull the lever in with half
the effort it took before the cable "upgrade".

Thanks again,

Ken M.