Re: Final Drive Gearing

Mort,
I've bought a bunch of Triumphs from cycle connection, since 1995. I just picked
up my '01 Sprint today, after its 500 mile service. One of the things that I had
Joe do was to swap the 19 tooth front to an 18. There is a noticeable increase in
acceleration.
If I can keep the stock chain, I'll be going up to a 45 tooth rear.
There are those of the opinion that a 17 tooth front is a little tough on the
chain, due to its small diameter, though I run the 17/45 combo on my 595, & love
it.
Ira