EFI Remapping (Long)

> You could try the Speed tripple tune, more oomph, but you loose fuel gauge
> and low fuel light

Doug,
I have been reading this thread and noticed that you mention that you lose
the functionality of the (semi-useful) fuel gauge and low fuel indicator
with some EFI tunes (Speed Triple). Does the fuel sender run through the EFI
module? If so, why doesn't Triumph remap the fuel gauge to make it more
accurate? I am puzzled as to why the gauge and indicator have anything to do
with the EFI tune and module. I would think they would work on a separate
circuit. Did the Triumph mechanic warn you that this would happen? I take it
the Speed Triple has no fuel gauge. I don't see many of these bikes and I
hadn't noticed that on the one that I perused.
Ciao,
Bob
'99 red ST

- ------ http://USFamily.Net/info - Unlimited Internet - From $7.99/mo! ------