Re: EFI Remapping (Long)

Hi Lex,

I think the dealer I went to loaded in the aftermarket tune. It has helped a
bit but is still nothing like satisfactory.

I remember him saying when he first hooked the computer up "No wonder it's
not running well. Some idiot has loaded in the Speed Triple tune." But then
when he went to load in the tune for me he said that it was right after all
and the ST/RS and Speed Triple take the same tune. I don't know what's going
on any more. I think I'll ring Triumph in England and see what they have to
say about it. If that doesn't bring any joy I'm going back to the pipe
manufacturer.

Phil
'00 ST

> Actually that's not completely true. Had my bike remapped today because it
was backfiring. Happened to be standing around when the mechanic did it. Was
interested in the remapping tool. then I noticed the book he had open on the
floor. Upon closer inspection it had the different tunes for Triumphs. The
Speed Triple had a different set of tunes than did the ST/RS. What I did
notice is that there wasn't a tune for using a K&N filter. When I had my K&N
installed I was told that it would need to be remapped (but I wouldn't be
charged for that). Since I figured "Hey here are the actuall tune numbers
straight from the book, I should write them down" So here they are.