Re: Ouch!

In your message regarding Ouch! dated Fri, 10 Nov 2000 17:05:14 -0600,
Robert L. Fastner said that ...

> >>P.S. It probably helps that I'm a "senior citizen" (46 yoa).  Vicki B
>RLF-
>RLF-  Vicki,
>RLF-      Please note all the forum messages rattling on incessantly about comfort
>RLF-  items (handlebars, heated grips, seats, apparel). That should be a clue that
>RLF-  many of us are "getting on in years". I am 47. My work associates delight in
>RLF-  telling me that I'm "almost 50" at every birthday. However, people who don't
>RLF-  know me well think I am much younger. Activities that make you feel young
>RLF-  will keep you young.

I'm only 46, old chap. Maybe there should be another column in the user
list - Date of Birth!

Seriously, went to bike show at the NEC (Birmingham, UK) today and had
considerable problem finding leathers like the ones I used to wear - i.e.
they all have bits sticking out here and there and Kevlar 'CE' inserts all
over the place which render the (older) rider incapable of getting his leg
over >;->  <the bike> (In my day it was only the beer that prevented
that).  Eventually managed to find some traditional leathers, 'Duke',
which offer sufficient protection without inserts with the option of
putting in the same, once the leather has been broken in (don't fall off
in the meantime), plus enough room to be able to get a thick Arran wool
sweater under the jacket for those colder English days.

Maybe I am missing something here?

- --
Mike Bostock
http://www.toothfairy.co.uk/ (the Toothfairy rides a Triumph)