Re: Trip report (long)

Pete,
	Great trip report -- thanks for taking the time to write it! Sounds
like a fun trip. One thing caught my eye while reading your trip report,
though:

Pete Berg wrote:

> Pulled into a gas station about 30 minutes from
> home.  A puddle of oil formed underneath the left side.  This was more than
> a couple of drops.  The puddle was about the size of the speedometer dial.

If my math's correct -- I don't live in FL so you can probably trust it
:-) -- in a little over a thousand miles of mainly highway riding you
adjusted your chain three times. That seems excessive. I'm guessing
you're tightening it too much, causing strain on the front sprocket seal
and a resulting leak from around the seal.

Try running the chain a little looser than you have been and see if the
leak goes away in a few days. You may have to replace the seal, though.
:-(

- --
Blake "Dawgbert" Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Burlingame, CA, USA