Re: Trip report (long)

That's what I was thinking also.. When I did the Rallye this summer I
adjusted the chain before I left and after I got home 2200 miles
later it was the same. Interesting thing though I could tell when the
chain needed to be lubed. Every 400 miles or so the bike would feel a
little less smooth. A quick spritz of lube and let it set ( 30min
rest stop) and the ST was as smooth as ever.

Erik

>Pete,
>	Great trip report -- thanks for taking the time to write it! Sounds
>like a fun trip. One thing caught my eye while reading your trip report,
>though:
>
>Pete Berg wrote:
> >
> > Pulled into a gas station about 30 minutes from
> > home.  A puddle of oil formed underneath the left side.  This was more than
> > a couple of drops.  The puddle was about the size of the speedometer dial.
>
>If my math's correct -- I don't live in FL so you can probably trust it
>:-) -- in a little over a thousand miles of mainly highway riding you
>adjusted your chain three times. That seems excessive. I'm guessing
>you're tightening it too much, causing strain on the front sprocket seal
>and a resulting leak from around the seal.
>
>Try running the chain a little looser than you have been and see if the
>leak goes away in a few days. You may have to replace the seal, though.
>:-(
>
>--
>Blake "Dawgbert" Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Burlingame, CA, USA