From: owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
Anderson, Neil G
Sent: Tuesday, November 14, 2000 7:32 AM
To: 'Triumph ST mailing list (TriumphNet)'
Subject: Re: Urgent Warning to Triumph: Sender Recall

Jonathan Schulster wrote:

> Some STers in Germany have reported that the recall for the fuel sender
> replacement is being handled in the following way:  a visual inspection of
the
> fuel sender unit is made by the dealer and the unit is only replaced if >
"suspect".

Jonathan,

I was actually surprised to get a recall for mine, as my ST had build date
04/99 and still had the original "wacky but safe" sender.

I presume the dealer just checks whether the sender on the bike has a green
top, i.e. if it's one of the unsafe, potentially leaky ones.  My sender
wasn't changed, so I assume it's not a green top.  Even though it's one of
the originals, it hasn't gone wacky yet, so I'm happier that they didn't
replace it.

Neil

*