Re: GPS Units

 > mobile) even though it might ruin my street cred as far as the 'biker
 > image' goes.  However, I cannot see anywhere that it would be *easy* to
 > affix such a device without drilling holes in the fairing.

hey -- i have good street creds, and about half of my 20,000 over the
last two of years have been logged with a GPS in front of me.

first, you should visit www.cycoactive.com, and check out their Ram
mounts.  they're reputed to be _very_ good.  i'm not completely sure
which style you might be able to use, given the clipons and the
fairing might preclude some of them, but they do have, for example, a
mount that tucks under the steering head nut that might work.

for my GPS-III, i made up a mounting bracket that's really quite
similar to the Garmin dashboard mount, except that it's a little
longer, and has straps on the ends that connect to D-rings that i
sewed onto the sides of my tankbag.  this leaves it perched at the far
end of the mapcase on my tankbag, in easy view and reach.  (btw, i
can't imagine relying on a GPS without also having a paper map handy.)

paul