Off Topic - Bike to Bike Communication

Begging for help from anyone with any experience using bike to bike comms!

I/we are considering buying bike to bike kit for use when we are out riding
together. The theory of planning signals for all eventualities never seems
to work in practice!!

I have looked at a number of the available options, which ruled out quite a
number. Criteria would have to be:

1.	VOX operation - can't be done with pressing a PTT switch at the critical
moment.
2.	Frequency legal for UK or licence exempt.
3.	Internal (battery) or bike powered.
4.	As little external hardware as possible. (But see details below)
5.	Usable range. (which would suggest FM transmission)
6.	Noise cancelling mic. (preferred)

I have looked around and the current options would appear to be:

A.	Chatterbox - 	Used by a number of the local guys who all seem to love
them, but 					requires an external helmet mount, which I am not sure about.
The sets 					are certainly light enough, but are a bit on the large side
and appear to 				have the range, if the local gossip is accurate. Cheapest
of the bunch at 				under £200 each.

B.	Collett -		Never seen one in the flesh, but they sure look neat for
helmet mount and 				performance would appear to be OK if the advertising
blurb is to be 					believed. Seems to have a fair decent pedigree! A bit
dearer at about 					£250 per unit.

C.	Autocom - 		The current range only has the PRO M1 which has the features
required, 					but you get loads more if you need them. I am not really
interested in 					it's ability to connect a mobile phone or to play stereo
music however! 				Performance from demos seems stunning, with true noise
cancelling 					ability! Down side from my point of view is the fact that
you have to 					carry or attach the "magic" box plus the rather large
transmitter/receiver. By far the most expensive at about £435 per bike.

Anyone out there have experiences/recommendations with any of the above or
alternates. I would appreciate any opinions, prior to parting with hard
earned cash for an inadequate system.

Dave McCarthy

Had enough, gone out on the bike!!!

dave.mac@xxxxxxxxxxx