Re: Off Topic - Bike to Bike Communication

My friend and I used 900 mhz Collet units between our two STs on a trip from
Maryland & Pennsylvania to Montreal for the Canadian Grand Prix.  It rained
for the first hundred miles and I had all sorts of problems with
transmission, but then the unit dried out and it worked like a charm.  You
do have to eat the mike as somebody else said.  In addition, I had to learn
to "call" my friend and then pause due to the vox feature before speaking to
my friend.

Distance and clarity was a none issue although we never got more than a mile
apart.  I bought my unit through Parker Brothers motorsport in Canada as the
Collet unit is made in Canada and I saved a reasonable amount of money what
with the exchange.  The only drawback was that dirty water got between the
unit and my helmet (ARAI Crafar rep) and there is know a dirty line where
the unit used to be.  In fact the units saved our bacon as my friend saw an
oncoming car flash a speed trap warning to us while we were doing 90 mph on
the 401.  Great in traffic too, as you tell your riding mates about the
moron who is not paying attention.

Cheers!

PS If you want the Collett or Parker Brothers website email me.