Re:

 > ....  Also, what kind of soft
 > >bags seem to be the best for the RS, I know all you ST'ers have the hard bag

i think most any type of softbags will work well -- i have a set of
chase-harpers that fit well, and i'll bet RKA bags or eclipse would work
too.  the RS has a pretty normal "rear-end".

what the triumph bags include, which is very trick, is a set of plastic
protector panels that clip on over the body work, and prevent the soft
bags from damaging the finish on the rear of the bike.  i lucked out and
my dealer had a set of the panels leftover after selling the luggage
to someone with a different bike -- since they're custom fit to the RS/ST,
the panels won't fit anything else.  he charged my $35.  you might want
to call around for a set, even if you decide not to use the triumph
luggage.

paul