Bike-to-bike

In a message dated 11/15/00 9:57:05 PM, owner-st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

<<
Anyone out there have experiences/recommendations with any of the above or
alternates. I would appreciate any opinions, prior to parting with hard
earned cash for an inadequate system. >>

I had an early Chatterbox. The voice-activated mode doesn't work at highway
speed, because the wind noise activates it. You have to use push-to-talk,
which means mounting the button on your hand grip with velcro. Works ok at
in-town speeds, but not so good at highway speeds. Better than nothing, but
not much.
I think Collet has voice-activated system only, which would rule it out. I
currently use a CB radio plus AM/FM radio, and stereo tape deck, tank-bag
mounted from RKA, but no longer available. Again, not really loud enough at
60 mph+. Another problem is if you use ear plugs, sound is even less audible.
You really need custom molded earplug-speaker combo, obtainable from
Aerostich, which I have not tried yet. The best setup I have seen is the one
on a Goldwing, which is a large bike-mounted CB, which works because it is so
quiet behind the Goldwing windscreen.
If starting out today, I would try the new Chatterbox, with push-to-talk, and
plan to use it when going slowly through towns, talking about which coffe
shop/ filling station etc to stop at. Dave Collins, San Diego