new member

first time on the list.

my name is Cam Norris and i live in Kingston,
Ontario Canada where we have just had our first
snowfall so i guess i have to finally admit that i
won't be riding for a while.

i bought my '99 Sprint ST, Tornado Red, second
hand at the local dealer about 3 months ago and I
just love it. the original owner had set it up
with the side panniers, tank protector, and fork
guards, and was by the looks of things, very
careful and i would say conservative as the bike
had 18000 KM on it and the tires still had all the
'tire hair' on the sides. he found he couldn't
ride it because he had carpal tunnel in the wrists
and so traded it in on a cruiser. the shop owners
(husband and wife) used it as their own touring
mount for a few trips and in the process added the
top box and race can muffler. in addition, the
original owner had done the big 20K service early
at 16K KM to go on a trip, so i'm not looking at
that bill immediately.

all in all i think i got a great machine! everyone
loves the look, complete strangers and non bikers
will come up and say "love your bike", it is
sharp. my wife loves it because for the first time
we can go for a ride and she has somewhere to sit,
doesn't get vibrated off, or burn her leg.

because, my other "love" is a '69 Norton Commando
'S' which is also a head turner but a constant
maintenance issue. i currently have the engine out
of the Norton to sharpen it up this winter and
look forward to hearing that soul stirring growl
that you only get from a 750 vertical twin through
those 'S' pipes.

cam norris