Clear coat scuff protection

Howdy,

	Well, we only have 700 miles on the new SV 650 S and
already the clear coat is getting scuffed where our legs rub the
tank.  Not good!  I have seen several bikes that had a clear film
on the tanks or on the side where luggage might rub.  Can someone
please tell me what it is and where it can be had?  Have any of you
used it?  What are your impressions of it?  Any adverse affects
from it on the paint job?  Might there be a better method of
protecting the finish? It seems the finish on my VFR is much more
durable than the Suzuki's. With over 20K on it, it still looks
fine, and that is even with frequent use of a magnetic tank bag.
As always, any help is appreciated.

Adios,

Scott Friday
98-VFR800@xxxxxxxxxxxx