Re: Oil Warning and engine cut out

"Phil" <philbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Towards the end of my ride home from work today my ST's oil warning light
> flickered briefly and then lit up and the engine cut out.
<snip>

Phil,
Sounds like you may have gotten one of those ECU hic-o-burps. Same sort
of thing happened to me a few weeks and several hundred miles ago. On
the commute home the Blue Devil died on me three separate times while
coming up to a stop sign/light. After the third time I stopped, shut
everything down, and got on my knees to see if anything looked out of
the ordinary. I prayed to the motorcycle gods while I was down there and
lit up a cigarette in burnt offering. It started back up without
incident and I continued home. It didn't die again and the problem has
not recurred since then.

A burnt offering to the motorcycle gods would hurt either. Besides,
paganism can be fun!

- --
Steve "Devil Dawg" Lawler
A Red Sox fan living in Yankee country

2000 Sprint ST "Blue Devil"
1980 Honda CM400T "My Little Red Putt-Putt"

I.A.T.S.E. Locals #52 & 84

"If you live a long time and pay attention, you'll know a whole bunch of
useful things; and you'll find, in time, that old go-fast guys have no
wrinkles on the inside."

Gordon Jennings