Re: Heated Grips

From: Richards, Roger <roger.richards@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>My dealer fitted Newtronic heated grips to my ST a few weeks ago.  The
right
>grip gets comfotably warm but the left grip never get warm enough.  The
>dealer says that it's normal for the left to be cooler than the right with
>heated grips.  I emailed Newtronic and got this anwer...<snip>

It's nice to know that I'm not the only one with this question. I recently
installed the Triumph grips on my RS, and noticed the same problem. I wanted
to be certain I had not made an error in the installation, so I rechecked
every connection. Everything appeared perfect, but I pushed and prodded
connection points to be sure. Still, the left grip gets hot, and the right
one gets REALLY hot. Newtronic's response is a very logical explanation.

A few days later, I was talking to the Triumph mechanic at my local dealer.
He was, at one time, a BMW wrench, and said they had the same issue. He said
BMW had made some excuse about the differential being engineered in, but we
both agreed it doesn't feel right.

His suggestion was to check the resistance (ohms) on both to assure they are
the same. If not, we'll call Triumph. If they are, we may add an additional
resistor to the circuit on one (which one?) to even them out. I'd appreciate
hearing any other input on this too.

Ken M.
2000 RS